Because podcasting took off around 2004, you’d be forgiven if you thought that something so ancient (15 years) in the digital age would be dead in this fast-paced technological landscape.
Yet, podcasting marketing remains huge. In fact, this marketing strategy has pretty much gone mainstream, with 40 percent of Americans (112 million) having listened to at least one (according to Nielsen).
Podcasts as Content Marketing
Gary Vaynerchuck, the well-known digital marketer celebrated especially for his own podcast, has said repeatedly that he believes the future of marketing, especially content marketing, will be “audio and voiced focused.” Gary Vee is, in brief, “obsessed with voice.”
In some ways, you could think of podcast marketing as something akin to a spoken blog. It’s definitely content. Also, you can definitely fill it with the type of information your prospects crave: answers to their questions and concerns.
How can a podcast help my business?
A podcast can boost your business’ marketing strategy in a number of ways.
Check it out:
- 65 percent of listeners are likely to purchase something mentioned on a podcast.
- Podcasts are terrific for specific niches, even B2B.
- You also can answer specific questions and concerns your prospects may have. Podcast marketing provides incredible personalization opportunities.
- Talk about prospect engagement: 80 percent of listeners listen to most or all of a podcast.
- As for listener income:
- 32 percent of listeners are more likely to have more than $75,000 in annual income.
- 37 percent are more likely to have more than $100,000 in annual income.
- 45 percent are more likely to have more than $250,000 in annual income.
- Business owners and executives listen to podcasts: 39 percent of small business owners, and 68 percent of principals of companies with revenues more than $5 million listen to podcasts.
- It really doesn’t take much time. Yes, if you do all the work yourself, then it will take time. If you hire Ingenex Digital Marketing, however, for our podcast marketing services, all you’ll have to do is show up and speak.
Do you need help starting your podcast?
Have we whet your whistle enough to want to learn more about the creation and promotion of podcasts? Contact Jeff Hayes, the director of client services for Ingenex, and schedule a one-on-one discussion regarding our podcast marketing services.
If you’d prefer, you may also contact us via email and phone.