Are you an individual with an entrepreneur’s heart and spirit? Have you already decided to open a business of your own? Listen up!
We’re entrepreneurs ourselves – we understand how super excited you are.
But to sustain and maximize that excitement, you’re going to need to ensure that your business grows. To do that you’re going to have to market, market, and market your business some more. ABM: always be marketing.
Your startup budget no doubt is tight. Perhaps even minuscule. If so, take a look below for five creative marketing tactics that are cheap as well as easy.
- Share a clear mission statement with prospects. Broadcast your vision and mission whenever you speak with anyone (word-of-mouth marketing) or digitally (on your website, social media channels and any ads you run).
- Work it on social media. Social media is inexpensive (mostly free) and it’s a great way to build trust and credibility with your prospects. Social media channels especially are perfect for startups and small businesses because it’s not that hard to personally respond to all or most of the messages, questions, concerns, and mentions on your channels, helping you to grow the “like and trust” factor prospects often need before they buy from you.
- Attend conferences and speak before groups. Doing so helps with networking, attracting investors, partners, and customers while also helping to expand your word-of-mouth marketing. You may want to consider co-sponsoring events within your industry; the ROI could be considerable.
- Repurpose your speeches. Rewrite them for your blog; use them in a podcast or webinar.
- Offer e-coupons or free products/services. Provide them in exchange for reviews on social media as well as Google, Yelp, etc.
Improving on Your Great Start with a Digital Marketing Agency
Once your preliminary marketing efforts start to show some traction, two things likely will occur at or about the same time:
- You’ll be seeing growth and
- You won’t have nearly enough time to perform marketing tasks effectively yourself.
When this happens, it may be time to hand the baton to a Startup Marketing Agency. Doing so not only will take the marketing tasks from your plate, you’ll likely see even greater – even exponential – growth from the service’s efforts.
An inbound marketing agency such as Ingenex Digital Marketing uses highly effective strategies that provide you with exceptionally targeted prospects, tactics that then help convert your prospects into real leads and then customers.
Inbound marketing starts by supplying information to prospects. We create content for you (blog posts, landing pages, email, and more) that answers your target market’s questions and concerns, leading them to provide you with their e-mail and possibly other contact details so that you can continue to send them the information they seek. All of this helps prospects along through your sales funnel as you convert them to customers. And not just any type of customer: a “delighted” customer, one who stays with you and recommends your products/services to others.
The return on your investment with inbound is, frankly, stupendous.
If you’d like more information on how we can help your Detroit/Michigan startup, don’t be shy – you’re an entrepreneurial go-getter, after all! – so contact us!